Do you want to work for a rapidly growing, innovative, profitable international manufacturing company with endless ambition, in an amazing working environment, with sustainable new product development at its heart?
Our client is looking for driven individuals with a passion for design; an eye for detail, a drive to improve both themselves and their products.
They want you to be hands on and have a passion for delivering an amazing product for your self-satisfaction as well as the companies and clients benefit.
You will be a great communicator and confident in proposing your thoughts and ideas to various parties, possessing good project management skills with the ability to pay great attention to detail with a methodical approach to project execution.
In return they offer you the platform to express yourself both creatively and technically in a unique office environment, working alongside great people in a strong and supportive team.
If you’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up, to handle a wide variety of tasks, working with a passionate, ever growing team, then we would love to hear from you.
On offer is a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits package (flexi time, annual bonus, medical insurance, life assurance, pension and more!) in an inspirational working environment with a true industry leader who are known as a great employer!
- Work as part of the design / development team to research, develop and manage the engineering of products / projects from cradle to grave
- Provide specialist support on new product developments, from initial design stages through to production
- Review new designs and/or product developments and suggest improvements
- Research materials and engineering solutions
- Evaluate / create drawings / specifications against supplier’s capabilities
- Design packaging for products
- Assist in producing prototypes
- Resolve any process and component issues
- Implement product improvements and corrective actions
- Support all new products into manufacturing
- Creation/support of work instructions, BOMs, project costs etc.
- Coordinate testing of new products
- Provide technical support to customers and internal teams on new products
- Working within ISO 9001
- Participate in FMEA’s
- Participate in NPD / NPI meetings
Experience / Skills:
- Ideally educated to degree level in Product Design / Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- 3D CAD experience (ideally SolidWorks)
- 3-5+ years experience in a industrial design/development engineering position
- Proven background / experience supporting the introduction of new products from design / concept phases through to detail and fruition
- Experience with a variety of materials and manufacturing processes (injection moulding, CNC, fabrication, die casting etc.)
- Experience with best practice tool such as FMEA etc.
Key words: NPD, new product development, engineer, design, product design, industrial design, mechanical design, mechanical engineer, mechanical engineering, CAD, SolidWorks, product development, FMEA, DFMEA, PFMEA, project manager, project engineer,
If you think this role suits you, then please apply within or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org