A high tech start-up in the Chepstow area are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team. Having successfully just gone through a major round of funding, they are looking for an ambitious engineer to join their small design team. They are currently in the process of regulatory approvals on their first product/s and will be developing their next generation of products over the next few years. Their tech is novel and patented and will have a huge positive impact on people’s lives.
On offer is the chance to join a well-funded, highly technical, and ambitious start up, whose products will genuinely have a positive impact on people’s lives, they can offer a highly competitive salary and a hybrid working model (circa 3 days in office and 2 days WFH).
- Research and implementation of new technologies into a range of products
- Develop and test new technologies
- Be a key influencer in the direction of product development strategy
- Design of electro-mechanical devices including design for manufacturing and design for assembly
- Support verification and validation activities
- Co-ordination with internal/external stakeholders, including contract manufacturers.
- Adhere to a quality management system
- Help manage the design and development procedure, producing design control, risk management and technical reports etc.
- Generating full design packages, design history and risk management files etc.
- Relevant engineering degree (Mechanical Engineering, Product Design etc.)
- At least 2+ years’ experience in a Design & Development role, ideally with complex electromechanical products
- Experience within a highly regulated industry and working to stringent regulatory requirements
- Verification and validation experience
- Strong CAD skills (ideally SolidWorks but any CAD will be considered)