IntaPeople are proud to be partnered with a fast growth technology client who have recently secured one of the largest investment rounds to date in Wales. Due to this growth and a re-structure within the business they now require an experienced Head of Software Development to join the senior leadership team.
The Senior Manager will oversee the entire technology team which includes DevOps Engineers, Software Developers and Software Quality Testers. Working closely with the Chief of Technology and the wider operations team you will be responsible for the software engineering implementations and software roadmap. We are looking for an experienced leader and someone who has strong stakeholder and end client communications experience.
- Proven experience within a Delivery or Software Engineering Manager , Head of Software role
- Cross-functional team management experience (15+ peers)
- Strong People management skills with the ability to lead and coach others
- Strong technical knowledge or previous relatable experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent Stakeholder/End user communication skills
- Experience with Business Change & Strategy
- Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with multiple technologies (not necessarily hands on), object-oriented design and software development, cloud-based platforms, and complex web-based applications
Alongside the CTO and Senior Project/Product team you will be responsible for maintaining a high level of communications between the senior stakeholders and engineering team and essential being the link between the overall team and the CTO.
Ensuring timelines are established within your engineering team to delivery against realistic project deadlines and end goals. Working with the leadership team to ensure customer deployments are delivered on time and are within budget. You will be a champion for best practices and knowledge sharing whilst also driving improvements.
- Strong Software Testing experience/knowledge - very desirable
- Test Management, Automation and Security experience - very desirable
- A previous role as a Software Developer/Engineer is desirable
- Salesforce or MuleSoft experience - very desirable
- Head of Software Development (managing approx. 15 team+)
- Cardiff City Centre (with onsite parking)
- Flexible working options with a Hybrid working approach (3-4 days wfh per week)
- A competitive salary & package (enquire for further details)
- 25 days annual leave + Christmas + BH
- A competitive benefit package inc - PerkBox , Eye/Flu vouchers , Casual dress code etc
- Salary sacrifice car leasing scheme for a ‘green vehicle’ - Open to all employees after 6 months service
- The opportunity to grow the culture, delivery & engineering team
- Interviews are being booked in ASAP (2-3 interview stages due to the seniority of the position)
For more information, please click APPLY now or email Nathan or Rachael on firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat.