Supply Chain Manager
£35,000 - £40,000 per annum plus benefits
Intapeople are working in partnership with an expanding business operating in the food and beverage industry.
As Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for the planning & execution of all raw materials & hardware distribution to the various units of the business. Working closely with Management you will ensure that production is running smoothly, producing the correct volume of product to meet customer demands. In addition, you will be responsible for the implementation of the MRP system, managing end to end supply chain and production planning across 3 busy lines.
The Supply Chain Manager must also seek to minimize cost and maximise efficiency & cash flow. You will lead and direct all facets of supply chain including purchasing, logistics, storage, stock levels, material forecasting, capacity planning and sourcing.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary plus the opportunity to be part of an exciting journey within a high-performance culture. As this business continues to grow, so will your career!
As Supply Chain Manager you will be:
- Defining an appropriate suite of KPI’s which highlights performance and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Creating a management strategy which continually reviews, updates & balances business trends, supply network, customer demands & manufacturing capabilities.
- Managing activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, controlling inventory, warehousing & receiving.
- Analysing inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Maintain supply chain inventory and records.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers at the appropriate quality standards.
- Design & implement stock & warehousing strategies for production materials or finished goods.
- Analyse information associated with supplier performance or procurement success.
- Identify or qualify new competitive suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Evaluate and select information or other technological solutions to improve tracking & reporting of materials or product distribution, storage or inventory.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Management of supplier relationships and development of partnerships to ensure efficient use of resources and effective material and component supply practices.
- Monitoring open Purchase Orders and Stock Status reports and expediting order fulfilment to ensure on time delivery.
- Minimise inventory write-offs of finished goods inventory, intermediates, and raw materials.
- Drive cost savings and quality improvements.
- Develops and continuously improves supplier relationships and programs.
Experience & skills required:
- Previous experience within an FMCG environment would be highly advantageous.
- Previous inventory /material planning experience with strong analysing skills.
- Supplier relationship and forecasting.
- Proven experience of implementing and improving stock processes and procedures.
- Applying controls to manage stock.
- Effective negotiating skills
- Evidence of stock control & distribution.