Looking for a SQL Server Architect role where you can work your way up to Head of Infrastructure with the right aspirations? We’re helping our client in Horsham scale up with and established architect with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills on a remote basis with visits to the office once every quarter.
- One of your main strengths will be communication, including the ability to explain technical terms to non-technical people in a way they will understand. There is an element of stakeholder management involved; not reporting to them but being in front of senior management.
- With extensive experience of designing SQL Clusters, you’ll join an established team of 30 to modernise the current SQL Server Clusters before a major transformation project to move to a new data centre, which will be a mix of on-premise and cloud.
- You will have a pragmatic approach and a focus on delivery.
About the company..
- The client is a household name and have been a leader in the industry for almost 3 decades, which means they can offer job security and an impressive list of benefits including a bonus of 12-25%, 11% pension, private medical and 25 days annual leave (plus 8 BH) to name a few.
- They have had a huge investment in their tech and have a major transformation project to move to a new data centre, which will be a mix of on-prem and cloud.
- This will involve new platforms and new technology and you will have an influence on which tooling they implement.
- The head office is in Horsham and there is another office in London. The role is mainly remote, with visits to either of these offices once per quarter.
About the role
- We are looking for someone to come in and more of an architectural lens ready for the new head of enterprise architecture and strategy to join.
- The main focus of this role is designing SQL Server clusters and the security around that, so experience of working with the infrastructure applications that software apps are running in is essential
- You will be building a new capability and understanding what they have, so it is imperative that you have done this before on the infrastructure side and not on a policy admin system or software application side.
- There are 2 interview stages over Teams and they will both be 30-45 minutes.
‘Apply Now’ to be considered or contact Kim Gibbons for a confidential chat.