We’re on the lookout for an Engineering Team Lead who never says no to a challenge and is keen to learn lots of new skills in a role that is split evenly between Development and Managerial duties – We’re working with a leading Professional Services organization based in Central Cardiff who are expanding quickly and currently looking to add to their team.
They don’t have must haves and a wish list of skill sets – they succeed as a team and are looking for someone that can add real value to what they do. We don’t mind what languages and tools you have used if you are confident that you can learn what you need to know quickly and are not afraid to master new methods and discover new approaches, this is the right opportunity for you!
Reporting directly to the Head of Development, the role is split 50/50 between working collaboratively in a highly Agile environment as part of a Scrum Team and performing line management duties. We embrace continuous improvement and you will be actively encouraged to contribute to all aspects of Software Development, from product improvement ideas, process enhancements and giving constructive feedback when there is something you feel could be improved.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the shared ownership of the product’s architecture and quality. You will be expected to develop code within a collaborative environment to a consistently high standard.
You will be expected to develop code at a high level, as well as performing the usual line management duties, including but not limited to;
• Career management via regular 1-2-1s
• Managing absence
• Managing performance
• Training plans
• Mentoring and coaching
• Be the point of contact for the Head of Engineering
Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of working within an Agile environment
• Self-motivated and keen to learn new things
• Analytical mindset
• Team player, and able to deliver and take on board feedback in a constructive way
• Proven professional experience in developing commercial websites
• Excellent understanding of development best practice, SOLID, OOD, Design Patterns
• Equally at home work on the back and front ends of a system.
• Proficient at TDD
• Able to follow and improve coding standards
• Experience of using mocking frameworks in testing
• Proficient in more than one language
• Innovative and willing to explore new possibilities
• Good organisational skills
• Experience working within a Cloud Based environment such as AWS
• Experience supporting and mentoring other developers
• Experience setting up a Continuous Delivery pipeline
We are technology agnostic in our approach to recruitment but for reference, our tech stack includes the following;
• Redux, Flask, DynamoDB, React Native, ESLint, Pylint
For a confidential chat about the role please call Kim on 02920 252 500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org