IntaPeople are proud to be partnered with an exciting organisation who are working within the renewable energy space and are making huge steps within their sector. Due to continued growth and investment, we now require an experienced Software Engineering Manager to join their technical function.
We are looking for a self-directed, experienced leader to help us continuously develop and extend our existing products and tooling. You will be working very closely with other Senior/Lead Software Engineers, Technical Architects and reporting directly to Head of Technology to design and implement substantial changes across the platform whilst championing the Software Engineering team.
The desired skills for this role are; (but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box)
- 5+ years experience as Software Lead, Principal, or Software Manager
- Previous line management experience (min 5-10+ peers) teams
- Experience working with products within the web and mobile space
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as GCP/AWS/Azure
- Knowledge of designing and implementing CI/CD
- A deep understanding of relational and non-relational data stores
- AGILE principles and the benefits of the other methodologies
- Experience of working within a DevOps environment
What you’ll be doing (at a glance):
You will need to be an innovator who has a passion for technology and can work well alone or as part of a team. You will work closely with all Technology teams to support them when needed or if you feel the need to lend a hand, jump in and get involved.
- Work with other leaders to understand how team members are performing and coach or mentor where needed
- Adopt the leadership style set out by the Head of Technology
- Work closely with all software team members
- Work alone or with others to produce a proof of concepts, pilot systems or automated tooling for internal use
- Hold frequent 1-2-1s and action anything needed, manage absence and performance processes
- Maintain an inclusive and honest working environment
- Work with individuals to map out and support their career development
- Escalate any people issues to the Head of Technology or the People team
This is an amazing opportunity to join the business at an exciting time in its development, with recent investments enabling a platform for significant future growth. As part of the Engineering team, you will need the gravitas and ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at a technical level.
What you’ll get in return (at a glance):
- A Flexible and mature working environment
- Modern, open-plan offices with break-out areas
- Flexible working hours
- Remote/Hybrid working contracts
- A competitive starting salary of £75,000 - £80,000 – depending on experience
- 6% pension contribution
- A Dog-friendly office – well-behaved pooches only!
- 25days annual leave + bank holidays
- Private Healthcare with family and dental options
- Equity scheme
- Weekly fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Subsided city center parking if needed
- Cycle to work scheme
- The opportunity to work towards saving the planet
For more information please call Nathan Handley on 02920 252 500 or email email@example.com
Please note, this role will be primarily be a hybrid working role, you must be able to accommodate a local home setup and travel to Cardiff will be needed when required.