IntaPeople are helping scale up an established software engineering team with a Team Lead due to growth and progression within the tribe. This role is split 40/60 hands on development/managerial duties; we are interested in Software Engineers with experience as a Team Lead as well as Senior Engineers who have taken on leadership duties and are looking to take the next step in their career.
Although the head office is in Cardiff, you will have a choice between being office-based, fully remote or a hybrid approach. We can only consider applications from those based in the UK.
About the company..
- With a sterling reputation as one of the UK’s best employers, there is a lot of fluidity within the company, and they actively promote from within the internal team.
- The business offers a budget for L&D as well as assigns time for upskilling.
- They have a remote first approach so you will only need to attend the office for team building activities and they will supply everything so you can work from home comfortably and efficiently. We can only consider UK applications for this role.
About the role..
- You will support, coach and mentor the junior and mid-level engineers and create development plans for their CPD. Other managerial duties include 121s, code reviews etc
- Strong communication skills are required as you will be liaising with stakeholders of all levels
- You will build up the right capabilities in the technical people in the Tribe, equipping them with the skills, tools, and standard approaches to deliver functional excellence, and ensuring that they are focused on delivering value to the business.
About the Skills and Experience required:
- Java or React
- Experience with the Cloud, ideally GCP or AWS/Azure with a desire to learn Google Cloud
- Previous experience of working with products that have regular releases through automated CI / CD processes
- An Agile background with experience in the use of tools such as Jira, Confluence etc
- Previous experience of mentoring or managing teams
‘Apply Now’ to be considered or contact Kim Gibbons for a confidential chat.