IntaPeople are currently supporting a well-established client in Cardiff who require an experienced Software Engineering Lead to join and lead one of their many cross functional agile teams. These are important leadership positions within the development team, and you’ll be responsible for the team’s delivery against specific products whilst being directly responsible for a team of roughly 4-8 members (including developers/software testers and product managers).
The opportunity is predominantly a leadership focussed position with the opportunity to step in and get hands on when required to provide good technical direction and mentorship. Working closely with the Director of Engineering and another team leads/managers you’ll promote a strong collaboration between teams, sharing best practice and helping clear potential blockers as you see them.
Ideally, we’re looking for; (but not all so please apply if you feel your experience is relatable)
- Proven software development leadership/management experience (scrum teams of 3/5 peers or more)
- Extensive development experience in one/all of the following languages PHP, Java, C++ or Ruby.
- Linux working environments
- Strong knowledge and experience within an Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills
- An interest in modern software development & transformation projects
- Cloud technology experience – AWS / Azure or GCP
The individual will support the development of each of their team members across a cross function team to ensure that the team is able to deliver efficiently and effectively, using good agile practices, alongside working closely with the team’s Product Managers who are also based in Cardiff office. Alongside the above you’ll always have a delivery focused mind and ensure new features are implemented across the entire technology stack (including front/backend).
The company offer a flexible working policy and no two weeks are the same. The options for home working are flexible and you have to decision on this. Typically, teams work from home between 3-4days per week but if you’d rather be office based this is also available. If you are based further afield or find working from home more productive you can travel into the office only for sprint planning / meetings.
Company Benefits at a glance;
- A competitive salary of up to £65,000 (DOE)
- Annual performance-based bonus (5%)
- Flexible working between core hours
- Flexible work from home options to suit individual needs
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Medical insurance options
- Diverse employer
- Share scheme (company profit share incentive)
- Flexible dress code (dress for the day/occasion)
- Free onsite parking (with city centre location)
- Progression and opportunity to learn new skills (both hands on / off)
Plus, so much more ….
Please note – this role will be onboarded fully remote as will the working environment until government guidelines change.
For more information or a confidential chat call Nathan Handley on 02920 252 500 or click APPLY now for a quick reply! LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-handley/