IntaPeople are currently supporting a well-established client in Cardiff who require several Backend focussed Software Engineers who have between 2-5+ years commercial experience. As a Software Engineer you will work in an experienced team on a number of high-profile products, developing & maintaining innovative live applications whilst enhancing new capabilities for customer needs.
The company is a forward thinking, progressive organisation that is constantly evolving. Their core technology team consists of 65-70 local technologists (but you will also be part of a larger team across the UK) all of which work in smaller agile squads between 5-8. Working on a large business case we are looking for engineers who have a strong interest and passion for working with backend technologies (although it’s not to say you won’t get the opportunity to work with front-end technologies and features throughout your career there).
- Strong demonstrable knowledge and experience of PHP (2 years + Backend experience)
- Experience of development frameworks such as Laravel or relatable
- Database experience – MySQL , SQL , NoSQL or MariaDB
- An interest in modern development languages such as Golang and/or Python
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required
- Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery
There is tremendous opportunity to personally develop your career down a number of different paths as well as the opportunity to work with a range of complex projects and technologies. This current team are exploring new technologies and are currently also working with Golang. As a business they are not restrained to one technology/language and engineers are encouraged to use the right technology for the job. Candidates looking to apply for this role must look to constantly update and develop their technical knowledge; responsibilities in this role will be varied however will include –
- Work as part of an AGILE development team
- Develop and maintain modern applications, web service solutions and batch processing services
- Work alongside product management, project management and engineering teams to plan development for delivery of products and enhancements
- Ensure that the development team continues to deliver high quality products within efficient timescales
Role overview/package (at a glance):
- A competitive starting salary of £35,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience)
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Flexible working between core hours (core hours 9:30am-4pm)
- Flexible work from home options (*more explained below)
- 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (and Christmas shut down to managers/team’s discretion)
- Additional charity/group paid days off per year
- Medical insurance options
- Share scheme (company profit share incentive)
- Dog friendly office
- Free onsite parking (with city centre location)
- Internal development and progression/promotions are widely encouraged
Plus, so much more ….
*Remote/office working – The team are encouraged to attend monthly sprints onsite at the Cardiff office. They offer a flexible hybrid contract as standard, and teams typically attend the office between 1-3 times per month. Candidates who are based over 90 minutes away from Cardiff will be offered a more flexible/remote working contract although commitment to travel 2-4 times per year would be required.
For more information or a confidential chat call Nathan Handley on 02920 252 500 or click APPLY now for a quick reply! Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-handley/
Please note we are only able to consider candidates based inside of the UK without working restrictions.