IntaPeople are proud to be working in partnership with a fast scale up enterprise who are backed by a multibillion-dollar organisation. We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join their fast growing but steady paced Software Development team. Being a Senior Engineer, you will help to find/fix performance and security issues before they impact stakeholders and customers, whilst also playing a major role in the continued evolution of delivery and incident function.
Day to day you’ll ensure the production environments are in good health whilst automating as much as possible. Having strong DevOps elements to the role you’ll play a big part in scaling the CI/CD pipeline as this is a fast growing space within the business.
Skills/Experience we’re looking for:
- A computer science or studies related background
- Senior-level engineering experience
- A proven track record of improving application stability and performance
- Strong experience working with cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Heroku or Microsoft Azure
- Proven experience with ‘Infrastructure-as-Code’ practices
- Experience working DevSecOps pipelines and tooling
- Experience of working with large production data sets
- A good understanding/exposure to modern software languages
What you'll be doing on a day-to-day basis (but not limited to):
- Improving the reliability of the core platform as they scale and grow
- Creating and maintaining software, tooling, and alerting frameworks to improve the reliability of our production systems
- Working and addressing database performance problems
- Continual improvement of software delivery and incident management
- Maintaining documentation and "runbooks"
- Conducting post-incident reviews and implementing the findings of such to continually improve Leading on the creation of on-call rotations and processes
- Educating, training and promoting our culture of ownership to help our engineering teams better understand how their changes may impact production performance
- Assisting with the development and maintenance our software delivery frameworks
Benefits/Role at a glance:
- Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Competitive starting salary of £65,000 - £85,000 (depending on experience)
- Fully remote working – FULLY REMOTE (no if’s or buts, this team is being built around a successful remote working team/culture)
- Flexible working hours
For more information regarding this role please call Nathan Handley on 02920 252 500 or click APPLY now for a call back.