£45,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits
I am proud to bring to market this brand-new opportunity for an experienced Site Manager working at the Pontypool site for a leading Waste Management recycling business. You will be joining my client at an exciting time of rapid expansion as they continue to drive an ambitious strategy.
Reporting directly into the Operations Director your key role will be taking responsibility for a busy transfer station. Health & Safety is an important aspect of this role, and you will ensure that the site is compliant with all company policies maintaining an excellent safety record at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of the team, ensuring that services are delivered to the highest standards in terms of safety, reliability, efficiently and overall compliance to meet customers’ expectation.
- Undertake risk assessments and regular inspections of pre-determined areas of the yard, taking action to resolve issues and preventing problems.
- Full yard visibility, leading by example to achieve business objectives.
- Ensure day to day operations run effectively, efficiently, and safely in compliance with regulatory legislation.
- Ensure full coverage of duties are maintained by employees in accordance with legislation.
- Assist in the Management of on time performance.
- Undertake daily checks and maintenance of machinery.
- Utilise staff, manage and oversee support staff to maximise the effectiveness of the team.
- Carry out investigations by way of setting up Fact-Finding and necessary Health & Safety checks.
- Manage and oversee customer correspondence by means of investigation and responses as required in both written and verbal format in a timely manner.
- Focus on improving customer care skills thought-out the business.
- Be approachable and the point of reference for a whole range of questions that employees will need an answer to or assistance with.
- Provide informal Health & Safety advice to staff before managerial procedures are implemented.
Experience, qualifications, and skills required.
- You will demonstrate proven experience within a metals, waste, or related background.
- Site Management experience or similar is essential.
- COTC, IOSH, NEBOSH or WAMITAB qualification is required.
- The ability to engage with employees at all levels in achieving the best possible outcomes.
- Computer literate with experience of word, excel and outlook.
- Ability to multitask.
- To work efficiently and effectively in dynamic situations and the ability to work to deadlines.