Would you like to be part of a team that takes a product from design and all the way through to final manufacture? We are looking for an experienced Senior Process Development Engineer who will be responsible for supporting and managing the introduction of new products and processes into manufacturing.
The successful Senior Process Development Engineer will be taking the lead on one of the product ranges for the company and real career progression is on offer for the right candidate. We are looking for a real problem solver who isn’t afraid to challenge to status quo.
As a business they offer a competitive package with a high-rate pension and flexible working hours.
- To support and manage the efficient introduction of New Product and processes into manufacturing
- Design, develop and maintain assembly processes
- Work out how to take parts/components and put them together/into manufacturing
- Liaise with suppliers and design & development teams to ensure products meet
- Design for Manufacture requirements etc.
- Hands on mechanical testing
- Manage New Product Introduction (NPI) timescales, resources, costs etc.
- Ensure manufacturing processes and yield are to company standards
- Manage projects from concept to final release
- Evaluate new process/NPI concepts
- Create and maintain a record of technical documentation
- Tooling (jigs & fixtures) design & development (not necessarily in detail as other engineers can do this)
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience with manufacturing/assembly process development
- Experience with wide range of assembly and manufacturing processes, ideally with good knowledge/experience with bonding/gluing and welding
- Design for Manufacture experience
- Mechanical testing experience (i.e., knowing where/finding out where a stress may lie if a load is applied)
- Ideally experience with the design and development of jigs and fixtures
- Some CAD knowledge/experience would be beneficial – ideally SolidWorks but other CAD will be considered
- Project management skills (ideally Prince 2 trained)
- Strong interpersonal skills
If the above sounds like a good match or if you want any further details please apply, the role is quite varied, and the spec is flexible for the right person and attitude.