Our client is a global healthcare communications consultancy with a mission to make people healthier and happier through life-changing medical education and communications.
Their medical education division is staffed by academic scientists, medical writers, and healthcare marketing experts. Their award-winning work includes medical and scientific strategy development, multichannel marketing and events and creative education programmes for their clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Importantly, they are a people-first business. They prioritise, grow, and develop their individual passions. The outcomes are life-changing for their team, their business and for the healthcare landscape.
They are looking for an exceptional Senior Medical Writer to join their growing team that is currently supporting clients working in oncology, cardiovascular disease, dermatology, influenza, women’s health, rare diseases and more.
The Senior Medical Writer is an important role within their Medical division and will work closely with Principal Medical Writers/Scientific Directors on one or more client accounts to take ownership of, and produce, high quality scientific materials for the pharmaceutical industry and other educational bodies to enhance understanding of the disease area/ product, with the main aim of helping clients to meet their communication objectives. The Senior Medical Writer will develop relationships with clients and healthcare professionals and demonstrate competencies in scientific strategic counsel.
The Senior Medical Writer will be responsible for using their well-developed knowledge to deliver high-quality and compliant scientific content for a broad range of deliverables for different target audiences, including strategic plans and proposals. As part of a multidisciplinary team, they may also review the scientific content of others’ work and may mentor/support less experienced writers. The Senior Medical Writer will support new business efforts including proposals, new business pitches and organic growth plans.
- Salary from £42,000
- Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Incredible modern office space
- Strong team atmosphere
- Autonomy over projects and progression
- An advanced degree (or equivalent relevant experience) in a life sciences or clinical discipline (MSc, PhD)
- Typically, at least 4 years of medical communications/publications experience
- A strong command of the English language, and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- A keen eye for detail (for copyediting, proofreading, and general quality control)
- In-depth knowledge of assigned therapeutic area(s) and ability to assimilate new information/switch areas, as needed
- Ability to interpret, evaluate, and communicate (in a variety of formats and styles) complex scientific and clinical data
- Expertise in use of online and other data sources for literature searches and information retrieval
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with tracking/approvals (e.g., Datavision, Zinc, Veeva) software preferred