IntaPeople are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Mechanical Engineer to design and implement equipment mechanisms to provide innovative engineering solutions for a wide range of manufacturing problems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides design and improvement of mechanical hardware and software such as robot teaching for new and current model equipment
- Provide engineering solutions to analyse and solve manufacturing problems down to the root cause level
- Manufacturing Innovation – Provides mechanical knowledge and know-how to apply innovative solutions to the manufacturing process
- Set machine capacity targets based on production targets and support the provision of investments and schedules that match the business schedule.
- Monitoring and measurement of the manufacturing processes, identifying trends, creating action plans, developing PFMEA, control plans etc.
- Coaching and mentoring of those at technician and apprentice level.
Skills & Experience
- HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Design engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience with a manufacturing engineering background would be desirable
- Experience in designing and implementing production equipment
- Can demonstrate knowledge and expertise of manufacturing processes, environments and improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of manufacturing design and capital investment such as yield rate and depreciable life
- Create / read mechanical technical drawings
- Experience with Design using CATIA is desirable
- Create / improve a robot program
- Measurement using a 3D measuring device and CMM
- Experience with introducing welding machines
- Critical thinking and analysis skills when applying solutions to engineering problems.
- Ability to provide clear direction and support for technicians and apprentices.
- Resilient – leads through change.
- Take a leading role in delivering engineering projects