Senior Mechanical Engineer
A highly innovative manufacturer in the Alcester area currently requires a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team. The successful candidate will take a leading role in identifying, analysing and in the specification of design and development projects. You will be responsible for the communication between internal project teams and external design partners. If you feel your skills and experience align with the specifications below, then please get in touch.
- You will attend team and technical meetings, providing status updates and sharing technical insight on mechanical engineering topics.
- Use structured problem-solving methods to support investigation of field, manufacturing, and supply chain issues.
- Support change management and lead mechanical design changes through the change process.
- Support new feature/product development projects.
- Ensure QMS actions (e.g., relating to NC, CAPA, resolution of complaints, etc.) are completed within schedule.
- Develop and mentor and junior colleagues and help promote a positive working environment.
- HNC or equivalent in related field (preferably Mechanical Engineer)
- Experience with 3D CAD design
- Previous experience in mechanical design on complicated projects of multidiscipline
- Experience with fluidic/ pneumatic/ mechatronic systems
- Prior experience in building/ interpreting thermal, structural, vibrational, magnetic, and acoustic models and simulations
- Experience within a medical device environment
- Knowledge of ISO 13485, ISO 14971, cGMP and FDA QSR
- Experienced in applying PLM process and tools
- Experience in designing high reliability, fault tolerant systems