Senior GCP Cloud Engineer
Struggling to find a senior GCP Cloud Engineering role where you can work remotely from anywhere in the UK? We are helping our client based in Cardiff to scale their technical team with a Cloud Engineer who wants to work within a collaborative team and can add value across multiple workstreams within the business.
About the company..
- With a sterling reputation as one of the UK’s best employers, there is a lot of fluidity within the company, and they actively promote from within the internal team.
- The business offers a budget for L&D as well as assigns time for upskilling.
- They have a remote first approach so you will not need to attend the office and they will supply everything so you can work from home comfortably and efficiently. We can only consider UK applications for this role.
- As a senior engineer, you will have experience of coaching and mentoring the grads and juniors in the team
- GCP is essential for this role so you will have hands-on experience of configuring and maintaining GCP managed services such as Cloud Storage, BigQuery, Cloud Functions, Cloud Dataflow, Cloud SQL, Cloud Composer, Artifact Registry, Data Catalog and Vertex AI
- You have an inquisitive nature and want to constantly develop your skills.
- You believe the best way to really understand technical capabilities is to break things to build them back up, or you just like designing your own solutions.
About the tech
- The infrastructure as code is built in Terraform and CI/CD is a mix of Gitlab, Jenkins and Azure DevOps so experience in these are preferred, but any variation of these tools are fine
- Compute, Containerization and Container Orchestration technologies such as Google Compute Engine, Docker and Google Kubernetes Engine
- They work in an Agile Scrum environment with daily stand-ups and retrospective planning
- Version control in Git
- Experience with configuring and managing GCP Security related services such as Cloud Identity, Cloud IAM, VPC Service Controls, Identity-Aware Proxy, Cloud Data Loss Prevention, and Cloud Security Command Centre is a bonus
‘Apply Now’ to be considered or contact Dene Field-Dawson, on 02920 252 500, for a confidential chat.