Our Cardiff based client is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer.
The primary focus of your role will be ownership of their cloud engineering function; acting as its “Product Owner” within their architectural model and the Management team for all cloud SaaS, PaaS, IaaS.
You could work in close cooperation with various Service Delivery, Infrastructure and DevOps teams and technical teams across innovation,
infrastructure, architecture, web, Windows, Linux, DBA, developers, service delivery, test and business units to ensure that hybrid solutions meets not only today’s requirements, but also use your Infrastructure as Code skills to test and validate cloud services, solutions and suppliers.
Ideal skills mix:
· Highly experienced in all Cloud and server-less infrastructures.
· Experienced in High Performance Computing .
· Good Understanding of CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, Ansible, Terraform,
and like tools.
· Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka and other Data platform and technologies is a plus
to understand Business requirements.
· Experience with Windows, Linux Redhat and Centos administration
· Highly desirable skills in the following areas
o Azure SaaS IaaS & PaaS
o Oracle (OCI)
· Desirable experience with
o Supporting Independent Software Vendors ( ISV’s)
· Proven ability to Build and maintain Hybrid infrastructures and ensuring platforms can support applications in production.
· Experience in Providing tier 2 /3 support for cloud infrastructures and Platforms
· If you are able to demonstrate the relevant experience and knowledge but are lacking formal certifications they won't necessarily discount you but you would be required to attain the most relevant qualifications within 12 months. Examples for this role might include Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator, Azure Devops etc.
If this sounds like you please don't hesitate to apply ASAP, thanks!