Our client is a global healthcare communications consultancy with a mission to make people healthier and happier through life-changing medical education and communications.
Their medical education division is staffed by academic scientists, medical writers, and healthcare marketing experts. Their award-winning work includes medical and scientific strategy development, multichannel marketing and events and creative education programmes for their clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Importantly, they are a people-first business. They prioritise, grow, and develop their individual passions. The outcomes are life-changing for their team, their business and for the healthcare landscape.
They are looking for an exceptional Senior Account Manager to join their growing team that is currently supporting clients within the fields of oncology, cardiovascular disease, dermatology, influenza, women’s health, rare diseases and more.
The Senior Account Manager is an important role within their Medical division and will work closely with Account Director(s) on one or more client accounts to ensure programmes are delivered effectively, professionally and in-line with the agreed strategy, specifications and budget, while maintaining the very highest standards of compliance. The Senior Account Manager will develop relationships with clients and healthcare professionals and demonstrate competencies in strategic counsel.
The Senior Account Manager will support the team to deliver medical communications programmes from strategic concept, through to implementation, delegating to junior colleagues and providing updates to the Account Director as required. The Senior Account Manager will demonstrate financial management skills and is responsible for developing budgets and reconciling of projects. The Senior Account Manager will demonstrate willingness to support new business efforts including proposals, new business pitches and organic growth plans.
- Salary from £42,000
- Share Scheme
- Annual Bonus
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Incredible modern office space
- Strong team atmosphere
- Autonomy over projects and progression
- An degree (or equivalent relevant experience) in a life sciences or clinical discipline (BSc, MSc, PhD)
- Typically, at least 4–5 years of prior experience in a client-facing project or account management role in a medical communications, or similar, agency environment
- Experience project managing complex multichannel programs
- Experience of account planning and financial management
- Preferably experience mentoring others
- A strong command of the English language, and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing