IntaPeople are working with an FTSE100 client who is seeking a Security Engineer to join them on a 6-month contract.
This position is responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and tracking of Information Security solutions as per organisational policies and procedures within newly acquired or divested businesses. The role will be providing general security advisement to the business and supporting network/ application integration or separation activities. In addition, you will be responsible for the implementation of security testing, deployment of internal Information Security toolsets, and conducting reviews of cloud-based applications and infrastructure.
As the successful Security Engineer, you require strong technical skills, to execute security processes with minimal guidance and help achieve operational efficiencies therein. Other responsibilities include handling service requests from the Business and Technology teams, and analysing/validating the requirements, as well as identifying any gaps in the design or providing technical solutions to further enhance the team’s effectiveness. This position will take the lead in designing creative solutions that use technologies and processes to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization’s assets and IT services in an efficient manner.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of secure environments including concepts such as system hardening, network segmentation, and access controls.
- Strong understanding of compliance and governance initiatives.
- Ability to conduct vulnerability assessments and analysis of results
- Solid ability to understand, and promote security policies.
- Ability to conduct technical risk assessments for new applications and third parties.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of data communications and TCP/IP.
- Experienced and skilled in the configuration and maintenance of security infrastructure, including Web Content Filtering, Web Application Firewalls, and Anti-Virus technologies
- Experienced in conducting appropriate due diligence for on-site infrastructure and 3rd party engagements.
- Experience identifying and educating teams on the remediation of gaps in compliance with policies and industry best practices.
- Experience of working for a global enterprise company.
- Professional Information Security certifications, such as CISSP, SSCP, CEH, CCNP.
- Understanding of secure coding, best practices, and security vulnerability remediation.
Please note, this contract has been deemed inside IR35, you will be required to work with an FCSA approved UK based umbrella company.