Security Engineer - Cardiff
Remote initially with a gradual return to the office. 6 months initially but very good chance of extensions.
£500 - £700 p/day Within IR35 so will have to be paid through an umbrella company.
We're looking for a versatile, hands on Security Engineer to help support our clients security engineering function. Reporting to the Group Head of Security (who is responsible for defining the Information Security strategy, policies, standards, processes and procedures and technology, and for monitoring compliance with security requirements and addressing any security issues) you will primarily act as their “project and programme security engineer” within their architectural model and the Security Management team. You will also work in close co-operation with various Service Delivery, Programme, Application and Infrastructure teams across innovation, infrastructure, architecture (solutions, security), web, Linux, DBA, DevOps, service delivery, test and business units to ensure that Security meets not only today’s requirements, but also use your security skills and hands on techniques to test and validate services, solutions and suppliers.
The ideal skills mix:
- Relevant, Information Security and Information Technology knowledge. Applicants able to demonstrate this experience and knowledge, but lacking the relevant certifications will be considered (CIGE, CIST, CIAM, CIMP, CAMS, CAP, CISSP, etc.)
- Microsoft Certifications focussed on security (e.g. Microsoft Certified: Security Operations Analyst Associate, Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate)
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following – Unix, AIX, Linux, Windows, Oracle, F5, WAF Cisco Palo Alto, Azure, AWS, Google;
- Experience of Nessus, Elk , Splunk, ELK, Kali , Nessus, Burp suite, Nipper and other security compliance tooling and their enterprise implementation.
- Some experience in secure coding / scripting, examples include (HTML, Bash, Python, Java, Ruby, Powershell, php ) ;
- Experience of SIEM maintenance investigation and analysis
- Experience of supporting an Identity and Access Management suites and their enterprise implementation, including API security, RBAC, ABAC highly desirable.
Highly Desirable Skills
- Candidates will ideally have experience of supporting and managing PAM/PSM via CyberArk.
- Oracle OIDM systems performance, maintenance and tuning
- Experience in working with development teams on security assurance and testing
- Supporting the translation of Business Requirements into technical implementations, which reflect the business needs.
If this sounds like you and you would be available soon for a long term contract in Cardiff please don't hesitate to apply!