Are you looking to expand your knowledge and contribute to world leading research in the semiconductor and power electronics fields?
You will join an academic facility, as part of a wider semiconductor program, where you'll be collaborating with industrial partners, Horizon 2020, Innovate UK and prominent individuals in semiconductor science. This project is part of long-term vision that will include the delivery of a brand-new state-of-the-art facility in 2022.
If you have recently completed a PhD in Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Physics or similar, or you have considerable experience in Power Electronics or Power Devices, we would like to hear from you!
This position is a 2-year fixed-term contract, with potential for extension to 3 years.
- Design/ Build Power Electronics Instrumentation for Characterising Power Semiconductor Devices.
- Conduct the actual power device testing using previously defined procedures.
- Supervise research, train and mentor graduate students on a daily operational basis.
- Prepare reports on a weekly basis showing project progress.
- Prepare, manage and submit journal publications in leading international journals describing research outputs and findings.
- Support wider project development by contributing to grant applications, development of new collaborative relationships and propagation of new project ideas.
- Carry out administrative and other duties commensurate with the post and funder requirements.
- Maintain and enhance links with the professional institutions. A commitment to continuing professional development is mandatory.
- Identify and pursue registration of intellectual property where appropriate.
- PhD in Electrical or Electronic Engineering / Physics or similar, or extensive experience with Power Electronics or Power Devices.
- Advanced circuit design including power electronics architecture and instrumentation for power electronics testing/reliability analysis.
- Significant contributions to writing and publishing research papers in top tier peer-reviewed journals
- Experience of working with or in the power electronics industry
- Knowledge of the entire power electronics supply chain
*This position is a 2-year fixed-term contract, with potential for extension to 3 years*