IntaPeople are recruiting for a leading high-tech manufacturer on the outskirts of Cambridge whose products are supplied worldwide. They are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their expanding and busy team. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Quality Technician/Engineer to join an expanding company who can offer and excellent package and career progression. Full training will be giving on company products but a background in Quality Control and experience with Quality Assurance/QMS systems and driving process improvements is essential.
Due to continued success and growth this is a brand-new role within the company and the successful Quality Technician/Engineer will be ensuring internally and externally manufactured components and equipment are to the correct quality standards (which will include hands on inspection).
This could be a great opportunity for a Quality Technician who has experience with QMS (for example ISO 9001 internal auditor) and good process improvement/problem solving skills to take the next step in their career!
- Continually review the quality of internally manufactured assemblies and machines to ensure they are to the correct standard
- Conduct inspections of outgoing machines prior to despatch to ensure highest levels of quality are achieved
- Write corrective action reports and send corrective action reports to a customers and answer any of their questions relating to products/quality
- Help develop company QMS and drive it forward
- Work closely with Purchasing to ensure incoming goods are monitored
- Process Improvements – providing simple solutions to complex problems
- Conduct investigations of quality issues to ensure the root cause is identified and corrective actions are put in place
- Conduct internal and external manufacturing audits
- Help to drive a company culture of high quality
- Deliver or organise training to drive quality
- Experience within a quality focused position
- Experienced technician/engineer capable of reading engineering drawings and aware of fabrication and assembly techniques
- Ideally formal auditing qualification, for example Internal Auditor ISO 9001 trained (or equivalent experience)
- Strong process improvement and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical ability to make decisions
- You should be flexible and able to respond quickly to the requirements of a fast-moving manufacturing company