We are seeking a Project Services Manager (PSM) for our retail services client in Cardiff.
Permanent - £28k & £5k car allowance.
Remote, UK Based but ideally closely located to a main motorway as there will be UK travel needed.
We need someone who can plan and manage the resources for all aspects of project services work. This would include pricing and project management of projects such as build, hangering, delivery, storage, logistics, cabling and installation.
This role will be responsible for planning resources to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, to budget and with sufficient margin for the business and to the customer’s satisfaction.
Ideal skills mix:
- Effective communication skills – both verbal and written – able to communicate at all levels internally and externally and able to maintain rapport with customers
- Planning and organization ability – be able to adjust priorities when required
- Ability to manage suppliers, when required in conjunction with the engineer and sub-contractor manager, ensuring that the needs of the business are met at all times
- Ability to think logically and clearly, able to make decisions and use their own judgement to reach the best conclusion(s) available during the life of the project(s)
- Possess high level of commercial awareness, able to cost projects to ensure that the appropriate profit levels are achieved
- High level of computer literacy including project management software
- Ability to analyse data
- Experience of managing projects, of value of at least £500k
- Possess experience in supporting IT related projects, changes and roll-outs
- Experience of managing various projects at the same time
- Experience of meeting and managing customers and appropriate suppliers
- Experience of managing 3rd party contractors and able to support engineers as required during the life of a project
Nice to have skills would include knowledge of Cat5/6 cabling and power cabling infrastructure as well as any knowledge of the retail sector.
If this sounds like you please don't hesitate to apply, thanks!