A highly innovative manufacturer in the Chepstow area currently requires a Project Administrator/Junior Project Engineer to join their team. The successful Project Administrator will be supporting a variety of teams to support and coordinate product development programmes, ensuring engineers/teams have everything they need and are on track to deliver.
This is a highly varied role, where the successful Project Administrator/Junior Project Engineer will have to have juggle multiple tasks, helping to plan/run projects, ensuring people have the support they need to fulfil the project and reporting back to senior management. You will be dealing with a variety of staff within the business, from engineering teams through to the board of directors.
This is a brand-new position within the organisation due to continued success and growth which will lead to further personal growth and career development, with internal and external training, learning and development opportunities. There is a lot of learning involved with this role and could be a great opportunity for someone to eventually move into a Project Management position within the organisation.
The role may suit someone who either has prior experience as an administrator/coordinator (or similar) within a manufacturing/product development environment or a Junior Engineer looking to move into a Project Management role.
- Prior experience as an administrator/coordinator (or similar) within a manufacturing/product development environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships with employees from engineering teams through to the board of directors
- Not afraid of challenging people - Engineers may not ask for help and you will need to be sure they are getting support they need
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office 365 packages and IT literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Qualification in project management (Prince 2 etc.) would be desirable but is by no means essential