Do you want to work for a rapidly growing, innovative and profitable international manufacturing company with sustainable new product development at its heart?
Do you want to work in an environment where you are offered the platform to express yourself both creatively and technically in a unique office space?
Our client based in South Wales are looking for driven Production Engineers with a passion for design, an eye for detail and a drive to improve both themselves and their products.
Working alongside great people in a strong and supportive team, you will be a great communicator and confident in proposing your thoughts and ideas to various parties, possessing good project management skills with the ability to pay great attention to detail with a methodical approach to project execution.
Our client are offering a highly competitive salary and an excellent benefits package (flexi time, annual bonus, medical insurance, life assurance, pension and more!) in an inspirational working environment with a true industry leader who are known as a great employer!
- Work as part of the technical services department reporting to the production engineering team leader to develop and manage the engineering of products / projects from cradle to grave
- Liaise with external suppliers on part details and required specifications
- Research materials and engineering solutions
- Creation and maintenance of 3D CAD including production of 2D drawings
- Design and manufacture jigs and fixtures
- Assist in producing prototypes
- Design and create assembly line layouts where required
- Resolve any process and component issues
- Raise and chase progress of engineering change requests where necessary
- Implement product improvements and corrective actions
- Support all new products into manufacturing
- Maintain the implementation elements of portal
- Creation/support of work instructions, BOMs, project costs etc.
- Coordinate testing of new products
- Provide technical support to customers and internal teams on new products
- Working within ISO 9001
- Participate in DFMEA’s and run PFMEA meetings
- Participate in NPD / NPI meetings
Experience / Skills:
- Ideally educated to degree level in Product Design / Industrial Design / Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- 3D CAD experience (ideally SolidWorks)
- Experience of designing jigs and fixtures to project brief
- 3-5+ years experience in a industrial design/development engineering position
- Proven background / experience supporting the introduction of new products from design / concept phases through to detail and fruition
- Experience with a variety of materials and manufacturing processes (injection moulding, CNC, fabrication, die casting, assembly etc.)
- Experience with best practice tools such as FMEA etc.
If you’re not afraid to roll your sleeves up, are hands-on and have a passion for delivering an amazing product then we would love to hear from you.