Process Development/NPI Engineer
Would you like to be part of a team that takes a product from design and all the way through to final manufacture? We are looking for an experienced Process Development/NPI Engineer who will be responsible for supporting and managing the introduction of new products and processes into manufacturing.
As a business they offer a competitive package with a high-rate pension and flexible working hours.
If the above sounds like a good match or if you want any further details please get in contact, the role is quite varied, and the spec is flexible for the right person and attitude.
- Support the introduction of products and processes into manufacturing on time and within budget
- Ensure production targets are met by monitoring yield
- Hold production meetings to ensure targets are met
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Lead CAPA projects to get to the root cause of any potential issues and implement corrective actions
- Design and develop assembly processes
- Tooling (jigs & fixtures) design & development
- Manage projects from initial design concept through to the final release of product
- Perform process validations (IQ/OQ/PQ etc.)
- Manage New Product Introduction (NPI) timescales, resources, costs etc.
- Work with design & development to ensure products meet Design for Manufacture requirements
- Evaluate new process/NPI concepts
- Prepare manufacturing documentation and create and maintain a record of technical documentation
- Support new product development
- Ideally degree educated in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience with new product introduction (NPI) and supporting manufacturing
- Experience with manufacturing/assembly process development
- Strong continuous improvement skills and experience (any formal CI/Lean qualifications would be beneficial)
- Experience with process validation
- Design for Manufacture experience
- Ideally experience with the design and development of jigs and fixtures
- CAD proficiency – ideally SolidWorks but other CAD will be considered
- Project management skills
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you please apply for immediate consideration!