Do you comprehend how metals are fabricated and processed, such as rolling, casting, forging, and welding to an expert level?
Do you understand how microstructures affect material properties and can you read ferrous and non-ferrous microstructures?
Well, IntaPeople are proud to be partnered once again with a leading science and engineering company working in industries such as space, oil & gas, rail etc. who are on the search for a Principal Metallurgist.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Problem-solving abilities, both theoretical and practical
- An comprehension of how engineering components function and eventually fail
- A creative and innovative approach to identifying solutions that will meet client requirements
- The ability to quickly synthesise knowledge and facts in order to focus on the most important concerns
- Tribological knowledge and comprehension of the subject's role in all moving systems
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Metallurgical or Materials (or similar) degree and professional experience (minimum 5 years)
- Have a solid understanding of root cause failure analysis approaches
- Expert knowledge and application of an optical microscope, SEM, and EDX
- Understanding of material failure modes, including corrosion, SCC, HE, fatigue, wear, and thermal deterioration, among others
- Experience with safe metallurgical preparation of a variety of materials
- Assume the status of 'expert' in one or more specialist areas and be recognised as such both within the organisation and in the broader industry sector
- 25 days' annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Additional leave purchase
- Up to 8% matched pension contribution
- Health care
- Life assurance
- Plus much more
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please apply within. Alternatively, call me on 02920 252 500 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org