NPD Process Technologist
£25,000 - £27,000 per annum plus benefits
Would you like to be part of a renowned Food Service and Food Manufacturing business who continue to build on their reputation? Are you looking for a role that can offer you the opportunity find innovative ways of expanding a range of delicious, tasty food products? Working in collaboration with the NPD Manager you will be responsible for the development and improvements of new products from initial concept to formulation and trial.
If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
Duties & responsibilities:
- React to customer derived and internal project briefs.
- Support to sales and new business development regarding technical issues concerning new products.
- NPD kitchen management. Responsible for general maintenance of equipment, stock rotation of ingredients and kitchen hygiene
- Sourcing of ingredients required for new products.
- Production of concept samples for customers
- Update new product development conceptual files in designated database.
- Developing concept recipes into feasible production scale batches
- Working directly with production section managers and key process staff keeping them informed of potential new products.
- Responsible for organising and carrying out production trials for new products and sign off new process/recipes with the relevant production teams.
- Responsible for the manufacture of product samples to confirm nutritional composition and shelf life of new products.
- Responsible for HACCP evaluation of new products and liaising with HACCP team leader
- Product engineering – improving production efficiency/quality of new or existing products.
- Responsible for the estimation and trial of new or alternatively sourced materials for existing products
- Work with engineering and packaging origination officer on equipment efficiency and packaging alternatives
- Generate factory documentation, including Internal specifications, process, and recipe sheets.
- Liaise with specification manager for factory issue.
- Handover of information to specification manager to generate customer specifications.
Key personal attributes:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Proactive, drives and delivers results while working independently or as part of a team.
- Conscientious and diligent