Are you a Software or Data Engineer with a passion for NLP who wants to expand their Machine Learning experience? We’re helping a Cardiff based fintech scale up the Data Science team with a Data-focused Python Developer.
About the Company:
- The company is owned by financial professionals who have decades of experience in Financial Services and Technology
- The product uses machine learning algorithms to match investors to start-ups
- They are big advocates for a work-life balance so not only will you have a 4.5 day working week, but you’ll also have a hack day every fortnight and WFH for a couple of days per week (you will more than likely only be expected in the office every fortnight)
- We are looking for a Software or Data Engineer who is proficient in Python, Cloud, ETL and data manipulation and has a passion for Natural Language Processing
- The role is split 80/20 between software and data engineering and you will be the second person in the team, this is a great opportunity for career progression and upskilling
- You’ll be an open engineer who wants to learn new things and get stuck into a project
About the Tech
- You will be responsible for the development of event-driven python microservices
- We are looking for someone with around 3 years’ experience as a software engineer, a minimum of 1 year will be Python
- Cloud experience is essential; AWS (with AWS Services such as Lambdas, RDS, S3, EC2 ..) is ideal but we are keen to speak to those who are experienced in Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud….
- This role involves data transformation and integration development so experience in ETL and data engineering is essential
- You will work with NLP and machine learning development so we are keen to speak with engineers whether you have experience in a commercial setting, academic or in personal projects
‘Apply now’ to be considered or get in touch with Kim for a confidential chat – firstname.lastname@example.org