Our global client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer for a Lead position, ideally based near Cardiff (they're main UK site)
If you have a versatile Network Support skill set with a mix of Cisco, LAN/WAN support, Data Network Infrastructure technologies and Azure Hybrid Networking we'd love to hear from you.
A big part of the work is outsourced to a third party so a lot of this role will be liaising with them to keep on top of the project work being carried out.
Duties will include:
- Providing solutions architecture in coordination with IT Operations Leader
- Technical leadership of third party vendors for network related issues
- Creating technical roadmaps in assigned area
- Coordinating and prioritizing all escalated activities, including testing, and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements, and bug fixes
- Management of all site primary and secondary connections
Ideal skills mix:
- Experience of designing, building, securing and supporting Enterprise LAN and WAN solutions.
- Advanced network monitoring and troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong understanding of Data Network infrastructure technologies (such as MPLS/DWDM/Frame Relay/ISDN/xDSL).
- Experience with Palo Alto firewall systems.
- Experience with Cisco switches.
- Previous experience in an ITIL or managed services environment.
- Understanding of audit processes, procedures, external compliance standards/regulations and IT internal control frameworks / structures.
- Experience with Azure Hybrid networking.
If this sounds of interest please apply now for further details, thanks!