IntaPeople is working with a leading financial services company who are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to start ASAP on a contract basis until the end of the year initially (with a very strong chance of a long extension well into 2023).
The company have taken a hybrid approach to homeworking and you will need to spend 2-3 days p/week on-site in Cardiff each week whilst performing this role.
Our client is based in Cardiff and there will be a need to attend site there each week.
Key Skills we're looking for include:
- Technical competencies:
• Cisco or alternative relevant vendor certification/qualification to a professional level.
• Cisco DNA, Cisco ISE, Palo Alto, F5, Meraki, Cisco ASA/Firepower – Experience and Knowledge in one or more of these areas essential.
• An understanding of Next Generation firewalls.
• Providing first class service to the business for task resolutions.
• Implementing new technologies, frameworks and approaches.
• Producing quality and coherent documentation.
• Presenting complex technical matters in a very clear and understandable way.
• Team worker, both within the first line unit and the wider network team.
• Willing to learn quickly with continual personal development.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Taking Ownership of functional area.
• Bringing enthusiasm and energy to the team.
• Fluent written and spoken English.
The role will involve supporting our day-to-day network with tasks including managing incidents, implementing change requests, network monitoring and actions with SolarWinds and alternative monitoring platforms, applications and alerts, IP address schema management, patch management, network infrastructure documentation, process updating and streamlining, and physical datacenter implementation. Responsibility for implementation and ownership of external and internal certificates manage by the Network Team.
Please note, the role is deemed inside IR35, so you will be required to work through an umbrella company.
For immediate consideration and a confidential chat, please apply today!