Multi Skilled Engineer
£40,000.00 per annum including shift allowance
4 on 4 off shift pattern
Are you looking for a business that can offer you a clear progression path? Would you like to be part of a leading Food Manufacturing business with a high-performance culture? This is a business that provides a variety of products including vegan, free from and gluten free products. As my client enter a phase of increased productivity, they are working with me exclusively in recruiting two Multi Skilled Engineers.
The successful candidates will have experience performing general maintenance duties in a similar manufacturing environment ideally with knowledge of working to Global food standards. You will demonstrate drive, enthusiasm, and the ability to motivate others.
As Multi Skilled Engineer you will be required to…
- Maintain and improve all factory services, machinery, and electrical equipment with due regard to safety and engineering guidelines, through the use of computerised Planned Maintenance Systems and Predictive Maintenance Techniques such as vibration analysis and thermal imaging.
- Monitor the condition of production machinery taking the appropriate action when necessary to improve the availability and working life of the equipment.
- Record details of engineering maintenance on the frontline maintenance system and monitor the use of materials and spare parts, taking appropriate action when necessary to re-stock ensuring future availability.
- Identify engineering material requirements and authorise engineering materials from stock.
- Follow stock requisition and purchasing procedures.
- Carry out physical stock taking at pre-determined periods.
- Have a full working knowledge of all plant processes and safety requirements, providing safe systems of work.
- Work within the quality systems specified by the BRC Global Food Standard. Carrying out engineering/electrical activities as detailed in written work instructions, ensuring tasks are carried out according to the agreed safety, quality, and hygiene standards.
- Supervise Contractor’s work to ensure compliance with the Contractors Hygiene, Health & Safety Rules. Ensure any new contractors have been issued with a copy of these rules prior to starting work.
- Comply with and promote company Health and Safety policies, procedures, SOPs, work instructions, notices and Permits to Work.
Skills, qualifications, and experience required
- Experience of working within a similar environment.
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Working Safely.
- NVQ level 3 in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or equivalent (or equivalent City & Guilds or HNC)
- An understanding of three phase electrics together with a sound knowledge of PLC control systems and broad mechanical experience