IntaPeople are looking for Mechanical Engineer to operate within the Project team. The selected candidate will have technical responsibility for design, development, and evaluation tasks, ensuring that their individual project development objectives are met successfully. This position will provide technical assistance to resolve issues and support the project team as required as well as mentor and supporting junior members of the mechanical section with technical aspects of their work.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Control the design, development, and evaluation, of components and assemblies from concept to MP, for new models making sure they comply with the customer requirements, liaising with other areas of R&D to ensure this is fulfilled.
- Ensure liaison with customers, suppliers, and company departments in order that all project stakeholders are fully informed at all times.
- Apply technical knowledge to resolve issues and coordinate development issues into areas of expertise with internal contacts, external suppliers and customers, toolmakers, and other company organisations.
- Consider historic problems and endeavour to eradicate them from future designs.
- Ensure assigned mechanical parts are available on schedule for sample builds according to agreed schedules.
- Support the Project leader to ensure cost requirements for mechanical aspects of developments are available when required including samples costs, MP parts, and tooling cost.
- Support the Project leader to create and maintain project plans / schedules for mechanical aspects of developments.
- Support the Project and Team leader to ensure relevant project based AQ and R&D documents (NCL, schedule table, BOM’s, etc.) are completed in line with the required processes.
- Provide Information for the weekly project update (Issued to Management), providing updates on any new or ongoing issues, including appropriate responses and actions being taken.
- Provide necessary information for technical and strategic meetings and attend and contribute to, the relevant development meetings, both internal and external.
- Consider new technology to improve and implement new R&D systems/ processes ensuring efficient product development and future improvement to product development.
- Mentor and support junior members of the mechanical design team with the technical aspect of their work.
Skills & Experience
- Degree level qualification in an Engineering or business-based discipline plus 3 years relevant industry experience, or at least 5 years relevant industry experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of home appliance products (Desirable).
- Component design (plastic & sheet metal).
- Assembly design.
- Drafting – dimensioning & tolerance.
- Comprehensive understanding of manufacturing processes (injection moulding/metal pressing).
- Materials selection.
- Product and component evaluation.
- Knowledge of project management processes.
- High-level problem-solving skills with the ability to efficiently resolve technical issues.
- Knowledge of R&D processes and documentation (Desirable).
- High Level 3D CAD skills preferably CATIA V5 and ENOVIA.
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies e.g., Lean, 5 Why’s, Six Sigma etc.