£40,000 - £50,000, 25 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Bonus Scheme and More
Are you a prolific, designer who is interested in taking the next steps in your career?
Well, we are currently on the search for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is ready to move into a faced paced manufacturing team. The ideal candidate will be working for a manufacturer who's designs and structural components are directly involved in globally televised sports.
The main responsibility is to ensure that engineering and design solutions satisfy internal and external criteria, adhering to the design processes and manufacturing techniques to ensure production can satisfy manufacturing's quality, cost, and delivery requirements.
- To design and build goods from conception through operation, including system definition, specification prototyping and validation, drawing generation, and system prototyping.
- To develop DFMEAs and participate in PFMEAs.
- Ensure that goods adhere to recognised industry standards, safety regulations, and business performance criteria in terms of specification, function, design, and business performance.
- Carry out design, investigation and concept engineering tasks using Catia V5.
- Design structural elements made of metal, plastic, and composite materials.
- BEng or BSc Mechanical Engineering (or similar discipline)
- 3-5 years' experience of performing a design & development role
- Experience working with composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Sound CATIA CAD skills
- Capable of working to DFM and DFC processes