£30,000 - £40,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
Monday – Friday, days regular
I am delighted to bring to market a fantastic opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer, based in Oxfordshire. This role would be perfect for an experienced candidate who is comfortable maintaining a range of industrial and laboratory equipment within an exciting and growing regulated industry. The role will be full time on site with little to no travel required during normal office hours.
You will be responsible for managing, investigating, and resolving breakdowns of laboratory equipment and building facilities issues. In addition to this you will complete routine and emergency repairs to equipment, fixtures, fittings and building systems in compliance with the Medical Device ISO 13485 Quality Management System.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct regular checks on facility utilities and equipment to ensure preventive maintenance is maintained on laboratory and light industrial equipment
- Manage service tickets for equipment maintenance, keeping accurate records of work carried out.
- Asses and where possible complete emergency maintenance when equipment breaks down
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment problems and issues reported by colleagues
- Advise and support external engineers performing installations or maintenance on site.
- Fault finding and problem solving of equipment including hands-on repairs, maintenance, and installation work
- Maintain tools and equipment required to perform the role effectively.
- Ensure critical spare parts / materials /filters are at the correct stock level
- Ensuring the organisation complies with safety regulations while maintenance takes place
- Work to and maintain Quality Standards
- Carrying out and assisting in the preparation of risk assessment and method statements
- Ensure the management team and appropriate team members are aware of issues or potential issues in a timely manner.
- Work with the wider facility team to ensure the efficient running of the site
Skills, experience and qualifications required
- A suitable engineering degree or equivalent HNC in a mechanical, electrical or maintenance engineering, discipline
- A hard-working and “can-do” attitude
- Ability to perform maintenance and small repairs according to manuals and procedures
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn and drive continuous improvement projects
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures to comply with a quality-controlled environment