IntaPeople are working in partnership with a global business intelligence company, who have created a brand-new role within their infrastructure department.
As a Platform Engineer Lead, you will analyse system requirements, address any functional problems, and create test plans/scripts to perform standard testing while delivering solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security.
Whilst having the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, you will have a proven technical background across Linux and Windows infrastructure on Azure, AWS, and on-prem data centers coupled with a solid understanding of networks with systems improvements and infrastructure automation at the core of everything you do.
As the successful Platform Engineer Lead, you will be responsible for the following:
- Design, document, build and maintain secure on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
- Organise and monitor software and configuration changes.
- Collect requirements, understand them, create engineering/support documentation, and provide advice to enable support functions to work pro-actively.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test cases, check, and document results to ensure the system's technical, functional, and non-functional requirements are met.
- Test, launch and help train users in new systems.
- Provide 3rd line/deep-dive support where appropriate.
To apply for the Platform Engineer Lead, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following experience (please bare in mind we are keen to hear from people who tick off a few not necessarily all)
- Commercial Azure/CoLo infrastructure management.
- In-depth configuration management, automation, and scripting skills including use of a scripting language (Python) and proficiency with shell scripting using PowerShell / Bash.
- Demonstratable commercial experience of Infrastructure as Code tools such as ARM Templating / Terraform / CloudFormation.
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies with experience in CI/CD.
- Windows Server – 2008(R2), 2012(R2), 2016, 2019
- Good networks skills (DNS/DHCP, TCP/IP)
- Strong commercial experience in managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments.
- Good understanding of a DevSecOps culture.
- Formal system testing experience of building test scripts and conducting systems, unit, and regression testing.
Candidates with the above as well as the below will be highly desirable:
- Certification – Azure, AWS, Microsoft.
- Linux Server – Ubuntu from 18.04; Redhat derivatives like Centos, Oracle Linux, etcPower BI reporting and dashboard creation.
- In-depth knowledge of monitoring tools such as Orion (Solarwinds) / Site 24×7 / Azure Monitor / PRTG tools
For immediate consideration and a confidential chat, apply today!