Are you an enthusiastic Junior Platform Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge with the opportunity to work on greenfield projects?
IntaPeople are delighted to be partnered with a fintech to scale up the AWS team as they embark on a huge global acquisition.
Based in the heart of Cardiff, they are a thriving fintech creating asset management and equipment finance software for a range of multinational clients; their software is well proven all over Europe.
About the company…
- They have an exceptional reputation for investing in their employees, they have a strong learning culture with ongoing professional development and actively promote from within the team.
- The culture in the office is collaborative and welcoming; they encourage respect, trust, empathy, and support. The team are asked in 3 days per week to maintain this wonderful culture.
- They’re a late stage scale up but backed by a large multinational group so It’s a fast-paced environment; you’ll be working on multiple workstreams and delivering high quality products; the team have regular social activities and they have a nurturing and motivating culture.
- They often have socials, whether it’s after works drinks, games, axe throwing, golf, bowling or anything else – they appreciate that not everyone has the same hobbies so their work socials are varied to suit everyone.
- We are open to junior engineers with a year to 2 years of commercial experience in a comparable role, ready to take the next step in their career.
- Tech wise, we are looking for experience with AWS, Linux, IaC tooling (ideally Terraform) and Docker. You will be working on a mix of on-premise and cloud.
- Any understanding or some basic experience with relational databases is a bonus.
- As the team are working in a start-up environment, we’re looking for the kind of person who pitches in with the team and shares ideas in daily stand-ups.
- They have a strong team culture so the ideal candidate will thrive in this environment and enjoy contributing within a collaborative environment.
About the role…
- This role is a mix of BAU and project work.
- You will sit in a small collaborative team of infrastructure and database engineers.
- Shadowing other platform engineers who own the deployment, maintenance and improvement of all the systems.
- To improve upon the existing monitoring, alerting and logging in place ensuring to catch any issues or faults.
- They have 3 main products in the market so you will work across existing and greenfield projects within a true Agile environment.
- Day to day, you will work on Cloud Infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code in Terraform, AWS, a range of AWS Services.
Next steps… Apply now to be considered or if you have any questions, get in touch with Caitlin – firstname.lastname@example.org