Our client is looking for a Permanent IT Service Desk Manager for a growing company based in South Wales
The IT Service Desk Manager will leads and oversee our service desk operations by managing our team of Service Desk and Infrastructure engineers ensuring efficient incident resolution, exceptional customer service, and continuous improvement of processes. The Operations Centre Manager plays a crucial role in maintaining high levels of user satisfaction and contributing to the overall success of our Customer Support team
You will manage and resolve incidents and service requests and co-ordinate the team to ensure timely resolution within SLA’s and acting as first point of escalation for the Service Desk Team.
You will provide leadership and mentoring to the Service Desk Team, leading by example whilst working towards and driving a culture of continual process improvement.
Additionally, you will work closely with, and build relationships with other teams to facilitate the resolution of more complex tasks, and assist with longer term projects.
Team Leadership and Management:
• Lead, mentor, and manage a team of service desk and infrastructure engineers, ensuring they provide timely and effective technical support to end-users in line with the company SLA’s.
• Set performance goals, provide regular feedback, conduct performance evaluations, and address any performance issues.
• Oversee the timely and accurate logging, categorisation, prioritisation, and resolution of incidents and service requests.
• Ensure adherence to defined SLAs for incident response and resolution, taking appropriate actions to minimise downtime and service disruptions.
• Full responsibility for the Autotask Service Desk ITSM system and quality of entered by the team
• Uphold a customer-centric approach, focusing on delivering exceptional service and fostering positive relationships with end-users.
• Monitor customer satisfaction and implement strategies to improve service quality based on feedback.
• Continuously assess and enhance service desk processes and workflows to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify root causes of recurring issues and implement preventive measures.
Reporting and Analytics:
• Develop and maintain relevant service desk performance metrics, written feedback on team members/customer contract performance, providing regular monthly reports to the Directors.
• Analyse data trends to identify opportunities for operational improvements and resource optimisation.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive knowledge base to facilitate self-service support options for end-users.
• Encourage team members to contribute to the knowledge base and ensure its accuracy and relevance.
Vendor and Stakeholder Management:
• Collaborate with IT suppliers/manufacturers to ensure seamless support and timely resolution of escalated issues.
• Foster positive relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation to understand their needs and align service delivery accordingly.
Training and Development:
• Identify training needs for service desk staff and provide coaching and development opportunities to enhance technical and soft skills.
Other adhoc activities:
• Coordinate resources of Service Desk engineers and contracted engineering days
• Act as first point of escalation for service desk related calls.
• Act as the first point of contact for CNS customers.
• Allocate calls to appropriate team.
• Assist in the delivery of projects as required.
• Provide pre-sales technical expertise to non-technical CNS staff as required.
• Maintain existing professional qualifications in order to achieve and maintain CNS corporate accreditations.
• Visit customer sites for scheduled onsite days and ad hoc requirements.
- Proven experience (3+ years) in leading a Service Desk team in a fast-paced IT environment.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL framework and IT service management best practices.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to use data-driven insights to make informed decisions.
- Proficiency in incident tracking and IT service management tools.
- ITIL, HDI, or similar certifications are a plus.
If this is a role that interests you , Please send me an email or contact me on 02920 252500