IntaPeople are working with a Swansea based tech company to expand the Cyber team with a Security Analyst. Ideally, you will have a couple of years’ experience in IT Security but we are interested in hearing from candidates in support roles who have made in roads to developing an IT Security career; either through training or picking up additional responsibilities in their current position.
- You’ll be a self-starter, proactive, inquisitive and driven.
- You will be an excellent communicator with the sbility to communicate complex IT & security issues to non-technical staff and management
About the role:
- You will be spending your time split between BAU and project work. The team are looking to make a lot of improvements to systems, security systems and improve the logic that our systems use to detect malicious software/individuals.
- There will also be opportunity to improve automation, they have a lot of manual review processes that are currently being completed by the team. They are aiming to be in a position whereby they have more automated scripts that will complete this work for the team.
- As an IT Security Analyst, you will be working within the Technology Services department to help maintain and deliver the security of the company’s technology infrastructure and assets. You will participate in delivery of vulnerability testing and remediation, take a lead in the monitoring and maintenance of QRadar and Darktrace systems, and undertake various other reporting and monitoring activities using an array of applications while ensuring alerts are actioned in a timely manner.
- As part of the IT Security team you will be responsible for helping to embed a culture of security within the day-to-day operations of the department, ensuring the cyber security of the company is integrated and maintained at all times.
The experience required
• Active Directory
• SIEM Technologies (QRadar) – or similar platforms
• Darktrace – or similar platforms
• Linux and Windows server technologies
• Networking principals (TCP/IP, DNS, firewall, switch)
• Clearswift web gateway
• Office 365 administration
• Password management systems
• Scripting languages such as python, PowerShell and batch files (exposure or understanding will be fine – we need someone with experience/knowledge of using scripts to execute tasks)
• Endpoint security products such as Sophos
• ITIL Framework exposure
• Patch Management
• IT risk management principles
About the benefits:
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 public holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Annual pay reviews
- 12% Bonus
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities and additional training
‘Apply Now’ to be considered or contact Kim for a confidential chat on firstname.lastname@example.org