IT / Fintech Project Manager urgently needed for remote work and Cardiff based office.
Our client is changing the back-end platform of a well known Blue Chip Client and they need someone to guide the stakeholders through this business change.
If you have a Prince 2, Agile (and waterfall) project management background within financial services we'd love to talk to you right away.
You will be the sole PM for the business (smaller project were previously run by various product managers) so will need to drive excellence in this area of the business taking a firm lead on initiating projects as well as creating and managing the plan for multiple projects following formal project management methodologies thereafter. You will utilise the skills of a Business Analyst, 3 Software Engineers and 2 QA's to deliver this initial piece of work (approx 6-9 months).
- Overall project management
- Working closely with the Business Analysts and engineering teams to understand the needs and requirements of the customer, to prioritise the deliverables and manage the product backlog
- Managing the relationships between both internal and external stakeholders, clearly communicating the status of the project
- Managing progress, risk, issues and change requests
- Motivating and driving the teams forward by holding daily stand-ups and planning sessions
- Responsible for key project governance and any approvals via regular steering meetings
Financial Services experience
Many years IT Project Management experience and strong stakeholder management skills
Strong planning skills
Project management tools such as Microsoft project Jira and confluence is highly beneficial as is the ability to converse, motivate and run teams of software engineers. You’ll understand that not only planning and communication are key. Keeping everyone up to date and clearly managing stakeholders comes naturally to you.
Although predominantly an Agile house, they do not have a one-size-fits all approach or prescriptive methodology; they work with their clients to ensure that together they achieve the desired outcome for them. Therefore, you’ll need to have experience within financial services and have vast experience of delivering projects that have been delivered using waterfall, PRINCE 2 or Agile methodologies.