We are urgently seeking an IT Procurement / Vendor and Purchasing Manager for our Cardiff client.
Start ASAP until the end of Septemeber initially (but with very good chance of extensions)
Cardiff or remote
£400-500 p/day INSIDE IR35
- Working as part of the wider Vendor Management Team, provide professional Procurement Services to the organisation covering IT hardware, software and services, specifically within the procurement function in line with the policies processes procedures and governance in place. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Sourcing, Provide procurement advice and guidance to our colleagues on the end to end procurement process.
- Manage the requests allocated to you as appropriate and within the agreed timeframes Working with stakeholders to define requirements, document and obtain sign off. Support the on boarding of new vendors, following the governance in place.
- Analyse vendors who fall in the tail end and propose solutions to increase revenues by moving the requirements to preferred suppliers.
- Negotiate new contracts and renewals with vendors, for those contracts that fall within the Procurement Team area of responsibility.
- Review terms for their appropriateness to protect us, and against requirements, in particular at renewal to ensure compliance.
- Manage the RF(x) process including the creation of the relevant tender documentation and storing of the information for future audit and review.
- Review of the proposals and evaluate them, challenging the required elements to include for example the technical solution proposed and the cost models available.
- Ensure the identified risks are documented and understood by the stakeholders.
- Provide options to mitigate or manage risks where appropriate and in line with governance.
- Oversee the Purchase Order process once terms are finalised ensuring documentation is attached to allow the financial approvals process to be completed in a timely manner.
- Generate the Purchase Order and make available for issuing to the vendor with the contractual terms once financial approvals are in place.
- Record the contracts in the system and the contracts repository ensuring the fields are all completed. Generate the required notifications to monitor the various elements.
- Generate reports on the renewals due and ensure these are managed with the appropriate budget holder to ensure continuation of services.
- Monitor the supplier performance against the contractual obligations and KPIs. Create reports on the findings and publish. Review and recommend alternative measures to improve the offering provided by the team in terms of monitoring performance of the tactical procurement vendors. Identify areas for cost savings and/or cost containment for both short term gains and longer term planning.
- Report on the savings achieved potential savings available and any missed savings.
- Work with the Vendor Managers on tactical procurement activities.
- Document Management – ensure documentation relevant to the procurement process is reviewed regularly, updated as required and published.
- Marketing - update the Team Sharepoint site with interesting articles and or links in the public domain on vendors and market trends.
- Provide input and or prepare material required to promote the function, for publication internally using the solutions deployed across the Group.
- Provide options and any associated costs to exploit the software deployed within Atradius, where this may benefit the Procurement Team, by automation and streamlining the current manual processes within our area of responsibility.
If this sounds like you please don't hesitate to apply right away, thanks!