Instrumentation/ Electronic Engineer
Salary - £36,000
37.5 hours per week – Full Time
The company is a market-leading engineering firm that offers consulting and advice for several industries. In the hope of growing their business, they’re looking for an experienced electrical/ electronic engineer who will carry out testing and instrumentation activities.
Reporting to the quality assurance manager, the role requires providing electrical/electronic support to test equipment & commissioning, maintenance, and use of research and development instrumentation. Electrical assistance for the maintenance of infrastructure and equipment will also be required.
You will take care of managing and performing internal equipment calibrations in addition to setting up external calibrations. Aside from reading and writing simple electronic designs and PCB layouts, the function also calls for the capacity to construct or maintain specialized equipment.
An understanding of the principles of control and instrumentation (such as stepper motors, servo motors, and encoders), as well as the use of piezoelectric force/ torque transducers, thermistors/thermocouples/RTDs, strain gauges, charge amplifiers , etc., would be highly advantageous.
- HND, BEng, BTEC, or years of experience in relevant fields such as electrical engineering, electronics, or instrumentation/ control
- Produce and read test circuit layouts/ basic electronic designs.
- Capable of assembling electronic hardware
- Willing to be or already electrically trained
- Able to construct prototypes and lab experiments.
- Electronics: understanding of schematics and PCBs, wire assembly, and other aspects of circuit prototyping; proficiency with soldering and PCB rework; and familiarity with fundamental electronic test instruments and measurement techniques
- Proficient with test hardware/facilities setup/commissioning, calibration, and data validation (e.g., drives and controllers, instrumentation/data acquisition and/or control software).
- Uphold cleanroom conditions in accordance with ISO9001 and AS9100 requirements.
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory holidays,
- Additional leave purchase,
- 8% matched pension contribution
- Health care
- Life assurance and more
If this sounds good to you then click apply now or email firstname.lastname@example.org