IntaPeople have partnered with a globally recognised installations company, who are looking for an Installations Manager to join their team. The department in which you will be working provides services consisting of, but not limited to: installing new, modifying existing and/or repairing (or replacing) of HVAC electrical installations to DDC/BMS controls and associated mechanical plant.
The successful candidate will be someone who understands the importance of completing tasks to a specific standard and to a strict deadline, whilst complying with health and safety guidelines throughout the projects.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To review the estimate for the project, to understand the conditions/ requirements/ deliverables/ risks/ liabilities of the works (as defined by the Client).
- Identify and organise Electrical Contract works, including scheduling and prioritising of materials and manpower as required to meet agreed terms.
- Oversee the safe and efficient completion of installation/ testing in line with the pre-agreed methods.
- Inspect work by outside contractors to ensure it is in line with Contract conditions and specs.
- Advise the relevant persons of technical problems concerned with installation, modification and repair of electrical assignments.
- Ensure all electrical systems are tested, maintained, adapted and renewed (where necessary) to current IEE Regulations, and Codes of Practice standards, along with safe working methods.
- Undertake site safety inspections to ensure all health, safety and environmental legislation is complied with as detailed in risk assessments and method statements for all work, ensuring safety measures are followed
- Control and manage all operations through routine site visits as necessary and in accordance with frequencies considered essential in order to assess progress.
- Manage the on-site efforts of employees and sub-contractors in line with contractual terms. Provide project overview and assist in the planning of work.
- Responsible for ensuring a ‘zero defects’ delivery is provided.
- Ensure sites are clean prior to handover.
- Review alternative electrical installation methods to improve efficiency.
- Ensure suitable sizing of cabling and containment.
- Inspect and snag, at 1st and 2nd Fix Stages of an electrical installation, the workmanship of sub-contractors.
- Attend site prior to making the Electrical Installation to following trades to observe and witness Dead and Live testing.
- Ensure suitable certification is made available by installers, and if unavailable, co-ordinate activities so that this is undertaken prior to being made available to following trades.
Skills and Experience Required
- 3 years related experience (or training); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You must be electrically qualified to 18th Edition Regulations.
- Experienced in reading, analysing and interpreting work related documents (including HVAC Mechanical and Electrical Schematics).
- Knowledge of installing HVAC BMS equipment, wiring or ancillary items to meet spec.
- Experience of contracting works.
- Fault finding and periodic testing knowledge.
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Certification is desirable.
- ECS CSCS/PASMA/IPAF/First Aid accreditation is desirable.