Infrastructure / Server Engineer - Cardiff
£45,000 & benefits - office hybrid role
We are looking for someone with strong Microsoft server, troubleshooting, BAU and administration skills who will be comfortable developing the current systems and networks at a busy Cardiff company.
A thorough understanding of Microsoft systems and networks are essential for this role along with a passion for security and data protection. This probably won't suit you if you are ideally looking to move into Security at some point in the near future as they have someon ein place who is already responsible for this, support for high level service desk tickets would be good experience to have.
The role will involve -
- Monitoring server and network infrastructure
- Acting as a liaison and point of escalation for complex technical issues on the service desk.
- Supporting the server and desktop environment including patching, configuration, and deployment
- Mentoring team members on technical issues
- Maintaining detailed technical documentation regarding all Infrastructure
- Suggesting improvements to systems and networks
- Experience working with Microsoft Servers, virtualisation technology, Active Directory, TCP/IP trouble shooting.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Powershell and other scripting tools
- An understanding of IT security principles
If this sounds like you please apply now for more details, thanks!