IT Secuity Officer / Engineer
Cardiff - Hybrid role 2/3 days in the central Cardiff office each week.
Good benefits package - interviews in early 2023 but apply now to register your interest
We are keen to speak to you if you're looking for a new opportunity to join a busy Cyber Security Operations (SecOps) function in Cardiff. Your team has responsibility for the Monitoring, Patching and IT Security of our clients systems along with the backup solution.
The SecOps team sits alongside the Infrastructure team, Development team and Service Desk. They are going through an exciting period of technical growth, with many significant and cutting-edge technical projects.
You will help to implement, maintain and oversee IT security policies and systems, whilst helping work towards the certification of ISO27001.
Experience of working in a fast past environment is critical for this role as is time management, the ability to work as part of a high-performance team, whilst also being comfortable to work independently is vital. Experience of working in a Cisco and Microsoft environment would be beneficial as would be any knowledge or experience of working with Microsoft Azure.
The role is a fantastic opportunity for a network or systems engineer who is keen to further their interest and knowledge in IT security or to specialise in this area, focusing on the key areas, of IT Security, Business Continuity, System Patching and Systems Monitoring.
- Essential 5+yrs experience in network or systems administration or IT security
- Be prepared to obtain an industry recognised IT Security qualification
- Knowledge of technical solutions for MFA, password management, secure file transfer and encryption. As well as the current cyber security threat landscape
- Experience of creating and delivering technical training
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers
- Strong stakeholder management skills
If this sounds of interest to you please apply now for a confidential chat and some more details, thanks!