£40,000 per annum plus benefits.
Shift pattern negotiable.
This is a business who are always revolutionising and inventing new food products. Providing produce to major retailers across the UK, they combine unique expertise in worldwide sourcing and competitive purchasing meaning they are ahead of the game in the world of food ingredients and food service.
Due to recent changes, I am delighted to bring to market this brand-new opportunity working for an experienced Hygiene Manager who will be based at the Ebbw Vale site.
Duties and responsibilities
- Reporting to the Factory Technical Manager you will work in a safe manner in relation to compliance with company H&S policy and statutory H&S and environmental legislation.
- Management of Hygiene team to ensure all scheduled tasks are completed on time and to an acceptable standard.
- Draw up, implement & revise hygiene policies and Standard Operating Procedures for hygiene operations in conjunction with Chemical suppliers to ensure best practices are maintained throughout.
- Manage in conjunction with the Technical team, all contracts for Cleaning chemicals, laundry, pest control and any other related services within agreed budget.
- Identify and implement cost savings where possible.
- Maintain adequate stocks of cleaning chemicals, cleaning equipment and PPE
- Ensure Audit readiness for site and systems in relation to hygiene and pest control
- Maximize team performance, efficiency and service levels and drive employee engagement. Develop enhanced and future fit employee skillset and flexibility across the shift teams
- Involvement in monitoring of hygiene standards by engaging with the environmental swab and ATP program.
- Leading investigation and corrective action for poor environmental monitoring results
- Site Listeria Champion
- Support H&S Manager and Engineering Manager with regards to Environmental controls and standards
- Responsible for the conduct of your team at work, this includes but is not limited to appropriate dress code, punctuality, absences level, training and output.
- Member of site Auditing team and site HACCP team.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislative and industry standards for food manufacturing
- Good working knowledge of food hygiene- preferably trained to intermediate.
- COSHH trained with a good working knowledge of chemicals and hygiene equipment.
- Basic awareness of Health and safety
- General process and product knowledge
- Good communication both written and verbal.
- Organised and able to work to tight deadlines within a high-performance culture.