Health & Safety Coordinator
£25,000 - £28,000 per annum plus benefits
Operating for almost 30 years, my client is a leading manufacturer in the industry. Throughout the decades they have developed products to cater for almost any requirement. Due to recent growth, they require a Health & Safety Coordinator. As Health and Safety Coordinator you will support this successful organisation's health and safety management systems. These systems ensure that the company meets its statutory obligations and is controlling the risks to their people and business.
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide support to the Health and Safety team to support the company's activities and undertaking to ensure that they meet its obligations under Health, Safety and Welfare legislation.
- Maintaining the health and safety administration systems.
- Administering health and safety training for; Fire Safety, First Aid, and other necessary training.
- Undertaking risk assessments including DSE
- Administering the health and safety systems for workstation assessments and ensuring that follow up action is undertaken.
- Undertaking the ordering of equipment and supplies to support the risk assessment process. Supports this process by recording orders and processing invoices in accordance with accounting processes.
- Undertaking regular inspections of pre-determined areas of the building and take action to resolve issues.
- Any other activities to support the wider health and safety / HR team.
Skills, experience, and qualifications required.
- IOSH/NEBOSH general certificate in health and safety would be an advantage.
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- An eye for detail and will not cut corners.
- Able to use own initiative to recommend improvements to systems.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing systems.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Able to work within a multi-disciplined team.
- An understanding of UK health and safety law
- Previously undertaken DSE assessments
- An understanding of ISO9001 systems
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
- IT literate (Microsoft office)