IntaPeople are looking for a Head of Purchasing for a Cardiff based Client. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily leadership of the Purchasing department and its operational functions whilst developing and implementing the Purchasing department strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactive approach to supplier selection, pricing, and margin management. This will include the development of own brand ranges for manufacture as well as strategic customers.
- The role will require a focus on business performance and will involve a close relationship with other key departments in order to deliver on business plans agreed with preferred suppliers.
- Lead the Purchasing function, developing, and implementing the Appliance Purchasing strategy (short and long term), roadmap and framework, ensuring alignment to Business overall strategic objectives.
- Engaging and supporting the in-house R&D function with supplier management with respect to new and future products.
- Lead activity with senior business stakeholders to develop plans to deliver savings targets, including tracking and reporting on savings and value delivered.
- Ensure the adoption of new and innovative ideas and solutions to ensure continuous improvement of the service.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing review of the supplier and contract tender timetable to ensure robust management of contract expiry and re-tendering requirements including supplier rationalisation or re-sourcing where required.
- Directing the sourcing and evaluation of new suppliers where required and as part of continuous improvement of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Seek out international alternative supplier routes, providing innovative solutions to reducing costs.
- Oversee the preparation of information on key metrics including financial data, risks and compliance to ensure appropriate analysis and reporting is carried out as required.
- To lead, motivate and develop the Purchasing Team ensuring sufficient resources and effective business processes are deployed to successfully deliver the business strategy.
- Drive supplier-facing interaction, by engaging in dynamic negotiations, management and development of the supplier base and existing relationships.
- Inbound logistics coordination from Asia/Europe.
- Perform regular risk analysis across key suppliers / categories to provide understanding of potential risks/weakness in global supply chain and develop plans to alleviate impact of disruption. Ensuring the maintenance and assurance of accurate records such as tooling records.
- Ensuring compliance of components purchased e.g., RoHS / Reach declarations.
- Reporting and controlling inventory including in transit to achieve organisational targets.
- Build relationships with procurement team to leverage global sourcing opportunities.
- Ensure that Terms and Conditions of Purchase are used in all contracts for supply and that these are updated to reflect legal and company requirements.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in a purchasing function within a Manufacturing company is essential.
- Confident negotiator and able to deal with complex procurement activities.
- Experienced & competent leader.
- CIPS qualified.
- Previous experience mentoring, coaching and supervising buyers would be beneficial.
- Proven experience of Oracle systems would be advantageous.