Looking for a role with a growing company that offers remote working and the opportunity to learn new skills and progression? We’re helping our Client based in Cardiff scale up the technical team with a Front end Software Developer and make a huge impact on both our brochure websites and internal applications.
About the company:
- They have partnered up with the country’s most reputable names in academia and have built an Education platform that allows users to complete academic courses remotely
- They’re undergoing an enormous growth phase; the team has grown by over 30% since the beginning of the lockdown and keeps growing
- The role is mainly remote, but the office is open on a hot desk set up for when the team chooses to be in the office.
About the role:
- Your main responsibilities will be around the management of our course catalogue websites, built using static sites using a Node.js static site generator (kiss-ssg).
- In some cases, this will be working from a beautiful design created by our designer, in other cases, you will be able to design and implement your own interpretation of the features requested.
- As a lot of this work comes from our Marketing team, we would love to see you having experience with developing customer-facing B2C websites. As well as working closely with Marketing, you will also work with our Development team to help embellish both our internal systems and new projects we work on.
- You’ll be an open engineer who wants to learn new things, a great communicator with a background in liaising with stakeholders and working with the wider development team.
- You will be design focused with a meticulous eye for detail and layout skills
- We are looking for a team player with the ability to manage a substantial workload accurately, and ensure processes are efficient and effective.
- This person should be able to write clean code using proper practices in a variety of languages and frameworks (experience in jQuery, Bootstrap, and Razor would be advantageous).
- This person should be able to develop responsive implementations of rich designs (such as XD and Figma). This person should be able to stick to deadlines and communicate clearly with any stakeholders involved in the development process.
- If you are someone who is passionate about having major inputs into the implementation of aesthetically pleasing frontends and who can put their shoulder to the wheel, drive and guide on those tools, frameworks or libraries you find effective, then this may be the place for you.
Apply now or email Kim for a confidential chat on firstname.lastname@example.org